Friday, April 20, 2007

Love By A Rose

What a sweet guy!
"I shall love you today and tomorrow, my love
And in all the tomorrows there are.
I shall love you as long as there lingers a song,
And the sky has a single star.
In the spring when the wind is a gentle breeze
And the rain and the roses are here;
In the summery days when the friendly rays
Of the golden sun appear;
In the lonely lap of the autumn months
Where the beautiful leaves must fall,
And again in the night when the fields are white
In the folds of their wintry shawl.
I shall love you while ever a mountain stands
And the waves of the ocean pass,
And until the sands of the farthest lands
Have run through the hour-glass.
I shall love you as much as my heart can love
Wherever, my love, you are.
I shall love you as long as there lingers a song,
And the sky has a single star."
~James J. Metcalfe~

2 comments:

Kat said...

Such a lovely rose...did Seth get it for you? And a beautiful poem too! Thank you for letting us read it. I love poetry.

Jess said...

u really do have a sweet guy - i just love u guys together! i just get excited when i think about where u are in life - and now you're going to be a mommy! :) luv u much! :)