Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thoughts

Last night I was driving back from my aunt and uncle's house, and while on the road my headlights kept turning off every so often. Each time it happened I sort of jumped and felt like something terrible was going to happen. The roads were a little icy, it was very dark, and Kevin was in the backseat. While trying to swallow my heart back down, I started to think of Psalm 119:105 ~ "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." When driving through darkness it is necessary to have illumination. All of the few oncoming cars spread their rays of light, but little did their light help me - I was only blinded. There was only one form of light that would help me to see the way, and when it wasn't there I was lost and floundering. So too without the word of God lighting my pathway I stumble in the darkness.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Charity~
I'm glad you made it home. How scary that would be!

I agree with you totally!! We must have the Light of God in our own lives for us to see where we are going, the Light of God it other's lives is sometimes helpful, but it must be in our lives! Thank you for your thoughts!

The Horaks said...

I'm so thankful you made it safe and sound! Love you!