Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mini-Mohawk

Aunt Doh Doh decided to give Kevin this crazy doo after his bath! He looked so cute!

I had to put this picture in just so you know that this is how he normally looks;o)

I think the poor guy was getting chilly and didn't like the fact that I was trying to get a good angle of his hair. He kept following the camera so I couldn't get a good side shot. He kind of looks like a modern day rock star with that scowl on his face (perish the thought!).[For more pictures of Kevin click here] Kevin and I were blessed to be able to go and visit my sister, Christa (lovingly known as Aunt Doh Doh) this past week. She has been struggling with morning -or all day- sickness since the beginning of her pregnancy so Kevin and I went down to try and lift her spirits a little. It was nice to be able to spend time with her and engage in our old sister conversations that unfortunately have become circumstantially scarce these days. Dan has been such a good husband to Christa, and it was so neat to see him "love and cherish her in sickness..." Speaking of husbands, Seth surprised me by showing up at home on Thursday! We headed home Thursday around 1:00 from Owatonna and the little sneak decided not to tell me that he was back in Granite by 2:00, so I stopped at my Aunt's house in New Ulm, which was on the way, to pick up something from her and she invited us to stay for supper. In the end, we arrived back home at 8:30, and as soon as I turned the key off I saw a truck with a bunch of lights all over it turn into our driveway. It couldn't be Seth could it? It's only Thursday! Then the strobe started flashing and I knew that, of course, it was my husband! What a pleasant surprise!

5 comments:

Ana said...

Oh, I love Kevin's hair. :) Actually, I am totally in love with the second picture of him!!! :) Kiss him for me please! :) And how sweet is Seth?! Sweet.

jules said...

hahaaa!!! every little boy needs that mohawk experience at some point in their life ;)
glad you and christa got to spend time together! miss you girls!

The Horaks said...

The mohawk is hilarious!!! :) So glad you two could make that trip to see Christa! I know she really needed that and it sounds like it was a wonderful encouragement for you both! :D AND how great that Seth could come home sooner than you anticipated! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Love you!

ExploreColorado said...

Soo cute :)
Its so nice to spend time with sisters. I'm enjoying seeing mine more often.
What a nice surprise :D

Christa Mielke said...

Yes, yes, my second career will be a hair stylist for babies :-) I think it's hilarious. Love you guys and miss you! Thanks for coming when you did Charity, it meant a lot! Love You!