Thursday, April 30, 2009

Maternity Make-up

This is my new maternity dress! I've been at that point where hardly anything fits right at all, and so I decided that it was time to pull out my demented sewing machine and get to work. I made the pattern by copying a maternity shirt that I have that fits pretty well, and just made it longer so that it would be a dress. It is a tank top style so that when it gets warmer out I can still wear it with or without the cardigan. I had serious doubts as to whether this would turn out or not, so since I am pleased with the end product, I had to blog about it;o) Hee! Funny how you would never have know that I had even attempted such a feat if it had been a complete failure - gotta love blogs! The land where everything can be an accomplishment;o)

10 comments:

Jess said...

wow charity! i love this! you're amazing - always! i'm always thinking, man i wish i could be more like charity! u MADE the pattern and it turned out gorgeous and it looks gorgeous on you! (you don't even look pregnant there, btw!) haha! you're so right about blogging being there for the good things - haahaa! in blog world, everything goes perfectly ;)miss 'n luv you!

Julia Rabe said...

love the dress! you look soo pretty!!

Leah said...

How adorable!! Well done!

Ana said...

How beautiful! You've done such a nice job!

The Horaks said...

Love the dress!! Turned out beautifully! You look so pretty!

Kat said...

It turned out so very nicely! What a perfect maternity dress. I had to click on the picture and study it to see if you really had a baby bump. :) You look lovely.

jules said...

great dress! wonderful job, charity! it looks beautiful on you.

Darlene said...

Hey Charity! Your dress looks great!! I love it!!

Charity Dawn said...

Aww, you all are so sweet! Nothing makes a pregnant women feel better than to get 8 comments on how good she looks - especially in a homemade dress! Thanks!

ExploreColorado said...

Wow!! You must be quite the seamstress to attempt such a fete without a pattern. Great job.