Friday, May 15, 2009

Appetizing Asparagus

Seth and I (and secretly Kevin too. Hee!) have really been enjoying the fresh asparagus right outside our door (thanks family!). Apparently, some people who really enjoy asparagus will actually go "asparagus hunting" by driving along the ditches to be able to enjoy fresh yummy asparagus as opposed to that store-bought mush you can get;o) What a funny thought. Anyway, I never used to like asparagus until I actually had it made the right way. Now I love it! Our next pleasure will be rhubarb. That will take some getting used to as well I think, but I do know that I've liked it sometimes. Seth wants me to make rhubarb sauce (like applesauce) - a family favorite of his. We'll see how it goes;o) I feel like we are so spoiled with such yummy garden goodness!

3 comments:

Ana said...

I personally love asparagus and rhubarb!! They are such yummy things.

ExploreColorado said...

Asparagus and Rhubarb are two of my favorites. Especially strawberry rhubarb jam.

jewells07 said...

I love asparagus! I like it cooked, but the best way EVER to have it, is on the BBQ! I'm not even kidding! We put it in a dish, and put Olive Oil and garlic on them, then take them out to the grill, and BBQ them. It gives them a nice BBQ / and fresh veggie taste. I think you should try it sometime. I think there are some pics on FB of us BBQ'ing Asparagus.