Monday, June 15, 2009

Tests and Temptations

Today has just been one of those days from the moment I woke up. My dear child pulled a folded bag of chips off the counter - from the bottom - and started shaking it over the carpet, he then progressed to dropping one of his cars in the toilet, filling his training pants both ways if you know what I mean, and while that mess was being taken care of, there was this big cricket that appeared out of nowhere that I had to kill for fear of excessive chirping in the middle of the night, so I leave Kevin on the toilet to go find a shoe. When I come back to help him down he decides to aim and fire right on my skirt. Trying to praise my son for going potty on the potty chair while trying to contain my "gggrrr" over my wet skirt (clothes being scarce in my fat condition) was a challenge. Maybe now after all these incidents things would be back to normal. Ha! They were. He dropped his wooden truck that has been glued in a different spot for the umpteenth time and broke the top off. I could go on with several more "happenings"; all this to say that it has actually been a good day. I Thessalonians 5:16-18 kept coming to mind which was such a tremendous blessing and help to me. "Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." There were so many times this morning when I wanted to "erupt" but after meditating on these verses I was instantly challenged and put in my place. My day is not about me, but about the One who made me. This is His will for me. How am I going to respond?

2 comments:

The Horaks said...

Wow! Sounds like a crazy day! You're a sweetie!

fruitfulvine said...

"...back to normal"? Don't you know normal is only the setting on your drier? You have blessed me by sharing your day...and the verses that strengthened you!