Monday, July 13, 2009

Barren to Beautiful

Before
After
There you have it. My flower beds have flowers. I was waiting to take a picture until they were in full bloom. I'm thrilled about my rose bush. There was much criticism on that front (even from myself), but I'm pleased to say, the roses have been flourishing and it has been so fun to bring in fresh cut roses to cheer up the house. Hee, and it saves Seth the trouble of buying me any;o) I haven't used it as much as I envisioned, mostly because Kevin doesn't think it's any fun to stay on one side of the property and sit and enjoy lovely flowers, but every once in a while I'll go out and sip on something in my little garden;o).

4 comments:

Ana said...

It's gorgeous!! You've done such a nice job. And your rose bush, it makes me so happy to see it blooming! :) Yay!

Kat said...

It is so very beautiful! Wish I could come right over and sit there with you for a few minutes. :)

Jess said...

SO lovely! yay! i'm so glad they came up - although i had no doubt they would - you're so good at everything! miss u much and hope to see u soon! love you! xo

ExploreColorado said...

Very nice!!! You have quite the green thumb if you can grow roses in Mn. I tried several times, and killed every single rose I planted :( . You're quite the accomplished gardener. Great work.