Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Canning, Cookies, Catsup

 Well, apparently I wasn't quite done canning. Fourteen quarts of apple pie filling, and a bit of ketchup too (a very long process that is almost not worth doing since the shrink ratio is rather extreme, but I find it rather tasty and had 24 tomatoes begging to be used) should mean I'm done, especially since I'm out of jars... although I still have a few pint jars... no, I shall refrain... for now;o)
 Another project I enjoy is using up leftover candle wax to make new candles. I buy the big 3-wick candles when they are on sale and once they are done burning I turn them into a whole new candle. If anything makes me feel cozy in my house it is a burning candle, especially the fallish fragrances.
Seth was working late last night so I decided it was time for gingersnaps to give the full autumn ambiance to my late, chilly, candle-lit night. Not the hard crunchy gingersnaps -oh no! The soft, melt in your mouth yummy kind. Fall is not the same without them.

No comments: