Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Grand Rapids Greetings

Well, we aren't actually in International Falls. That was where we thought we were going to be, but it turns out that Grand Rapids is closer to all of the sites where Seth is working so that is where we are staying. The hotel that we are staying at has high speed internet so (since we are the last room at the end of the hallway) if I sit by the door and log in I can get a decent signal. Seth's ASV is back in operation now, which is a big help, so now he is out at the sites getting back to work. That is a blessing because there have been many unexpected delays with all of the rain too. Seth must have a rain cloud over his head because anywhere we go lately, the rain seems to follow - or maybe that's my fault;o) I will admit, my days are a lot more fun if it is rainy out because then he has to come home early, but it truly gets to be discouraging for Seth when he has a deadline to meet and limited time to get it done. One day at a time though. It sounds like tomorrow he will be getting someone else to come up and help him out. Yeah! Two machines going at it instead of one will be so nice! We hope to make it back before the 20th so that we can anticipate having Kevin in Granite Falls instead of Grand Rapids! I have been staying busy with crochet projects for the most part along with some reading and also learning how to cook out of a microwave and crockpot - a unique challenge that at times can be fun. So far we've had spaghetti, stew, chili, pork and potatoes, hot dogs and macaroni and cheese, tacos, and even chocolate cake! If you ever by any strange chance need any great microwave recipe ideas go to nancyskitchen.com. I've also made use of the pool occassionally in the afternoon when nobody is around. All in all, everything is going well for us up here in northern Minnesota. The scenery is beautiful!

4 comments:

Julia Rabe said...

so good to hear an update :) Yeah for only having one more month!! that is soo exciting :) You look beautifu!! ITs definitely ALL belly for you!! thats great!! :) Thanks for the sweet comments you left me. We are getting excited but we have to wait a little longer :)

The Horaks said...

Charity! It is WONDERFUL to read you again! I've missed you! I can't believe how quickly Kevin's arrival is approaching! I can't wait to meet him in December! :) You look so pretty with your 8-month tummy! Have you been able to do much exploring around Grand Rapids yet? There's a team from Northland going up there this weekend to help a church with a building project. I don't know which church it is, but the name caught my eye when I saw it on your blog. Anyway, I am so impressed with your versatile cooking skills! ;) I will be praying for Seth to be able to meet his deadline at work! Love you!
~Jenn

N&E Rodenz in Northern MN said...

HI Charity,
Just wanted to let you know that we only live about 15-20 min. from Grand Rapids, and I would like to get in touch with you and visit with you if possible.
my number is 1-507-390-0393 please give me a call when you can. What hotel are you staying in? my e-mail address is nerodenz4ever@yahoo.com
Hope to hear from you.
Liz Rodenz :)

N&E Rodenz in Northern MN said...

we attend Calvary Baptist Church in Pengilly and we are having a dinner after church. I would like to invite you two to attend if you can. If you wanted you could come to our place and ride with us or could follow us to church. How long will you be in Grand Rapids?
Liz Rodenz :)