Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Cozy Candles

Earlier this winter I had bought one of those huge four wick candles and have since then successfully burned it to its limit. It seemed like such a waste of the leftover wax so I melted it down on the stove and poured it into old salsa jars. The wicks are just braided yarn that I tied a nut to and put in the melted wax and poked the other end through a plastic lid which I placed on top of the jar while it set. Now I have two more candles to burn. Nice!

3 comments:

Ana said...

I love it! Homemade candles are the best! What a way to make new candles and recycle.

The Horaks said...

That's a great idea, Charity! Love it!

Dandelionmom said...

You are so very crafty! So very Proverbs thirty-oney!
Please tell me though that you scrubbed that stove to its shiny perfection right before the picture? That it sometimes has little dark bits around the burners? Even teeeny ones?